A snapshot of State of Origin II in Brisbane
A glance at State of Origin II at Suncorp Stadium where Queensland took an unassailable 2-0 series lead with their 32-6 win.
* RESULT: Queensland defeat NSW 32-6 at Suncorp Stadium in front of 52,433 fans.
* KEY MOMENT: Down 4-0, NSW had the chance to seize the lead when centre Stephen Crichton scooped up a Reece Walsh kick and belted down the right edge. But he was pursued and tackled by veteran Maroons halfback Daly Cherry-Evans, whose own line break in the next set put Queensland in position to extend their advantage to 10-0. They never surrendered the lead.
* QUOTE: "Proud is an understatement ... There's no excuses in this team. There's no worrying about what's just happened. It's about getting on with the job." Queensland coach Billy Slater lauded his side's ability to repel the Blues time and time again.
* MAN OF THE MATCH: Captain Daly Cherry-Evans was instrumental in the opening stages of the game but Maroons prop Lindsay Collins claimed the gong after running for more metres than any other Queensland forward (135) and laying 30 tackles.
* TALKING POINT: Can Queensland complete a rare State of Origin clean sweep? Since the turn of the century, only twice has a side pulled off an Origin whitewash and Queensland last did so in 2010.
* KEY STATS: As was the case in Game I, NSW could not turn the weight of possession (54 per cent and 64 per cent of territory) into points as Queensland used the football better from the outset. The Maroons were both cleaner and more creative with their attack, winning the line break count (7-2) and completing better (31/38 compared to 34/44).
* INJURIES: Tom Trbojevic (NSW) right pectoral injury.